Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hey Lady! Who's Brain is this Anyway?

If there's one thing I hate it's something I like to call backseat thinking, analyzing someones actions and guessing what their motives are. Such is the case with a young woman named Abby Martin on the RT political network, who spoke on the topic of Bill Maher's opinion of the NSA surveillance program. He said, "I really don't see why everybody's so outraged. I support surveillance. I'll admit, it's not because I'm brave. It's because I'm scared." To which Martin responded, "Oh Bill, still kissing the ass of your establishment masters?" As you can tell by this statement you can see where Martin stands concerning surveillance. Even though I agree with Martin more than Maher on surveillance, I really hate this idea that if you disagree with someone and you're in the public eye, your only doing it because your corporate puppet masters tell you.
The same goes for Rahm Emanuel and Cenk Uyger. Recently, on his Young Turks program, Uyger criticized Emanuel for his decision to close several schools with mainly African American students, with the explanation that they were low performing schools. Quoting Uyger, "This decision proves that Rahm Emanuel is not a progressive democrat. He's just a dirty Chicago politician who loves picking on the powerless while keeping his rich friends happy.
My issue with both of these statements is that neither of these self proclaimed mindreaders seem to see beyond the disagreeing statements so they dislike the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment