Thursday, June 9, 2011

Excuse me, but I seem to have lost my country...

I saw a video today (linked below) which really disturbed me. It concerned a gathering at the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C. What happened there is something I think Thomas Jefferson would frown upon, especially in the presence of a memorial to his memory. Four visitors were arrested for doing something that I did not know was a crime in the United States: dancing. To tell you the truth, I don't know if dancing at the capitol is illegal, or if the cops in question just didn't get too many prom dates, and it brought back bad memories. In any case, the cops overreacted, and were physically violent with several decidedly nonviolent individuals. Check out the video below, and tell me what you think. Did the cops go too far, or am I the one overreacting?

No comments:

Post a Comment