Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cannabis Craziness in Alaska

     Recently an Alaskan ABC news reporter, who is also the owner of a medical marijuana dispensary quit on air. It's not why she quit, but how she quit that people are talking about. Upon her resignation she said, "I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska. And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice, but fuck it. I quit. "
     While I admire her passion, and completely agree with her point of view, I think the way she resigned does more to hurt than to help. The anti-legalization people might say,"Of course the foul-mouthed, black anchor woman wants to legalize recreational marijuana. "
     I think the fight to legalize marijuana, not only Alaska, but nationwide, is going to take coolness, calmness and a certain degree of restraint, if we're going to break the stereotype of marijuana users.


No comments:

Post a Comment