Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Comedy and Politics

Growing up, I was a big fan of The Simpsons, and for the most part I still am, but in recent years, their comedy has seemed over the top. This is very evident in a clip I watched today. The clip shows the regular Simpsons intro with the family on the couch, but then it shifts to show the screen and in a Korean sweatshop. It's hard for me to describe, but let me just say that I was horrified. That said, I watched it several times. It is now engrained in my psyche. The artist who created this particular opening, Banksy, is known for being very controversial, and the thing that angers me is that I don't believe The Simpsons is the place for that kind of political commentary. It's a comedy show. Here's the link. What do you think?

Simpson's Intro by Banksy

No comments:

Post a Comment